Need a whole home wireless mesh system? Are you tired of experiencing Wi-Fi dead zones in your home? Fear not, because we’ve got some great options to go over. Today, we’re looking into my list of the top 5 home wireless mesh systems that promise to blanket your home with seamless, high-speed internet.
My top 3 on the list are new WiFi 7 devices and include top brands like the Orbi 970, TP-Link Deco BE95! I will also talk about why I decided to replace my Google Nest Pro WiFi pods and which system I chose to replace it. You will want to review and decide what fits your needs the best for features and price.
1. NETGEAR Orbi 970 Series Quad-Band WiFi 7 Wireless Mesh Monster
Firstly, let’s talk about the Orbi 970, albeit the most expensive system, it’s the most capable as well. This system is a Quad-Band WiFi 7 Mesh Network System that consists of a Router + 2 Satellites. Because it covers Up to 10,000 sq. ft. and 200 Devices, it can handle pretty much any demand you put on it. The main router has 2 10 Gig Ports, one for the internet and one for a wired backhaul, and covers up to 5,000 sq. ft.
Therefore, you can say goodbye to Wi-Fi dead zones for good. Furthermore, the Orbi 970 is compatible with all Internet Service Providers and offers easy-to-use parental controls, making it an all-rounder in our books.
About this item
- Orbi 970 Series with WiFi 7 unleashes speeds up to 27Gbps for unparalleled performance and coverage for your whole home, from the front door to the back yard and the basement to rooftop
- WiFi 7 delivers 2.4x faster speeds than WiFi 6 and is fully backward compatible with older WiFi devices
- From 8K streaming to video conferencing, gaming, VR, and more, Orbi ensures your family can accomplish it all at once
- Exclusive, patented Quad-band technology with Enhanced Dedicated Backhaul ensures WiFi stays fast across all devices simultaneously
- Elegant, new design and high-performance antennas provide exceptional 360° WiFi coverage across every corner of your home, no matter the layout
- Works with any internet service provider. Whether multi-gig cable or fiber, get the fastest speeds available today and tomorrow with a 10 Gig internet port. Easily set up and manage your WiFi with the Orbi app
- 3 x 10Gbps + 8 x 2.5Gbps Ethernet ports unlock unbeatable speed and reliability for wired connections – including gaming consoles, media storage, and a 10Gbps wired backhaul option
- NETGEAR Armor protects your family’s WiFi with an automatic shield of security for your PCs, smartphones, security cameras, and more. 1-year subscription included
2. TP-Link Deco BE95 Quad-Band WiFi 7 Wireless Mesh Powerhouse
Moving on, we have the TP-Link Deco BE95. The second most expensive system also has very high performance. This quad-band mesh system with one main router and one satellite offers coverage for homes up to 7800 sq. ft. It has AI-Driven Smart Antennas and 10G Multi-Gig Ethernet ports. Additionally, it comes with advanced security features and easy setup, making it a strong competitor.
About this item
- BE33000 Quad-Band Wi-Fi 7 Mesh: Experience unprecedented speeds with 11520 Mbps on 6GHz Band 1, 11520 Mbps on 6GHz Band 2, 8640 Mbps on 5GHz Band, and 1148 Mbps on 2.4 GHz Band
- Huge Leap in Coverage: Cover up to a colossal 7,800 Sq.Ft. with groundbreaking Wi-Fi 7 technology and make dead zones and buffering a thing of the past
- Game-Changing Connectivity: Connect over 200 devices on the mesh network without dragging down performance. Connect even more with 4 ethernet ports (2 X 10G Port, 2 X 2.5G Ports), providing incredibly advanced wired connections for devices like gaming consoles, 8K TV and more.
- 10G Multi-Gigabit Port: Breakthrough gigabit speeds and enter the multi-gig era of wired connections. With more internet service providers offering multi-gig wired connections, don’t let your router be a bottleneck.
- The Ultimate Wi-Fi 7 Experience: Deco BE95 is a fully featured Wi-Fi 7 mesh system that includes the latest technology only found in Wi-Fi 7 mesh systems with features like Multi-Link Operation, Multi-RUs, and 320 MHz channels.
- TP-Link HomeShield: TP-Link’s premium security service keeps your home network safe with cutting-edge network and IoT protection. Free features: 1. Network Security Scan 2. Basic Parental Controls 3. QoS 4. Weekly/Monthly Reports 5. IoT Device Identification. HomeShield Pro paid service adds more robust protections and features for 5.99 per Month, 1-month Free Trial.
- Easy Set Up and Management: Set up and manage your router in minutes with the free Deco App available for Android and iOS devices.
- Extensive Compatibility: All TP-Link Deco products can work together to form a Mesh Wi-Fi network. Also compatible with all internet service providers, such as Comcast, Charter, AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, Starlink etc. (a modem is required for most internet service providers)
3. TP-Link Tri-Band WiFi 7 – A Little Less Expensive But Powerful Choice
Next up, is the TP-Link Deco BE85. It has 12-Stream 22 Gbps max rates,| 2× 10G + 2× 2.5G Ports for a wired backhaul and 8× High-Gain Antennas. It has a built-in VPN, AI-Roaming, 4×4 MU-MIMO, which is more than enough for most homes. Also, the Deco BE85 offers robust parental controls with HomeShield, and guest networking features, making it an ideal choice for families.
About this item
- Ultimate BE22000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Speeds – Deco BE85 is designed with the latest Wi-Fi 7 technology, featuring Multi-Link Operation, Multi-RUs, 4K-QAM, and 320 MHz channels. With speeds of 11520 Mbps on the 6GHz band, 8640 Mbps on the 5GHz band, and 1376 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band, the 2-pack mesh connects over 200 devices without dragging down performance and delivers unparalleled Wi-Fi performance.
- Pro-Grade Dual 10G WAN/LAN Ports – Equipped with two 10G WAN/LAN ports—one RJ45 port and one SFP+ Fiber/RJ45 Ethernet combo port—Deco BE85 provides flexible support for both fiber and copper connections. The additional two 2.5G ports and a USB 3.0 port make it an ideal solution for future-proofing your home network.
- Simultaneous Wireless + Wired Backhaul – Through TP-Link’s self-developed technology, Deco BE85 can connect to wireless and wired backhaul simultaneously, taking full advantage of the WiFi 7 technology and giving you faster speeds and wider coverage.
- AI-Driven Seamless Roaming – The Deco Mesh forms a unified network with a single network name. With built-in AI Roaming technology, it creates the ideal WiFi solution with advanced algorithms and self-learning. Walk through your home and enjoy seamless streaming at the fastest possible speeds.
- TP-Link HomeShield – TP-Link’s premium security service keeps your home network safe with cutting-edge network and IoT protection. Free features: 1. Network Security Scan 2. Basic Parental Controls 3. QoS 4. Weekly/Monthly Reports 5. IoT Device Identification. HomeShield Pro paid service adds more robust protections and features for 5.99 per Month, 1-month Free Trial.
4. NETGEAR Orbi Quad-Band WiFi 6E – The Top 6E Wireless Mesh System
Following the TP-Link options, the Orbi Quad-Band WiFi 6E makes its entrance. Offering a quad-band 6E configuration. It is a main router with 1 satellite, coverage up to 6,000 sq. ft, and 200 Devices. It has a 10 Gig Internet Port, AXE11000 802.11ax wireless capability. Consequently, this makes it ideal for medium-sized homes.
About this item
- Our most powerful whole-home WiFi system with speeds up to 10.8Gbps and coverage up to 6,000 sq. ft., including front & back yards
- Exclusive Quad-band technology and dedicated Backhaul WiFi ensure max speeds for up to 200 connected devices
- WiFi 6E opens up a new 6GHz band, delivering dedicated top speeds to the latest WiFi 6E-ready laptops, phones, & tablets
- 10 Gig internet port unleashes the fastest download speeds of today & tomorrow. Connect to the latest cable or fiber internet service up to 10Gbps
- Patented antenna design boosts WiFi coverage & delivers high-performance WiFi across your entire home
- NETGEAR Armor software provides an automatic shield of security for your WiFi and connected devices (PC, phone, camera, TV, Echo, etc.) for real-time protection against hackers and added privacy with VPN. 30-day free trial included
- Compatible with any internet service provider and set up in minutes with the Orbi app
5. ASUS ZenWiFi Pro Tri-Band WiFi 6E – Affordable But Powerful 6E Mesh System
Lastly, but certainly not least, we have the ASUS ZenWiFi Pro AXE11000 Tri-Band WiFi 6E Mesh System, which is the system I chose to replace my Nest Pro WiFi Pods.
Therefore, this unit is perfect for tech enthusiasts with support for the latest WiFi 6E technology and extensive customization options with a great app and web GUI interface. It offers whole home coverage up to 6000 sq.ft, has Dual 2.5G Ports, AiMesh, and Lifetime Internet Security. You can also add any AiMesh systems that Asus makes, not just the AXE11000. This gives you a lot of options to gain coverage with a less expensive device where you don’t need the power of the ET12.
About this item
- Ultrafast WiFi 6E with new 6 GHz band significantly increases network capacity for more devices, with speeds of up to 11,000 Mbps.
- Exclusive ASUS RangeBoost Plus improves WiFi signal range by up to 38%, offering extended coverage of up to 6,000 square feet.
- Subscription-free network security with commercial-grade AiProtection Pro powered by Trend Micro, plus a one-tap security scan and Safe Browsing.
- Advanced Parental Controls protect your kids online with instant monitoring, content filters and customized settings for every connected device.
- Comprehensive VPN features, including the Instant Guard mobile app for secure connection over public WiFi.
- 3-step easy setup and hassle-free management via the highly rated ASUS Router mobile app.
- AiMesh extendable router enables whole home seamless roaming with rich, advanced features.
- Maximized wired connectivity and flexibility with dual 2.5 Gb WAN and LAN ports and LAN aggregation support.
Why Did I Choose This Wireless Mesh System?
After a lot of research, I decided this was the best option for my home and budget. My fiber is a 1 gig up/down pipe, and as of right now, AT&T doesn’t offer higher bandwidth. Honestly, even if they did, I really don’t need it. It’s just me and my wife, and it’s more than enough for our needs. It made the most sense at a price point that’s significantly lower than all of the above systems.
There’s no need to spend so much more on features and capabilities I don’t need. Once the WiFi 7 standard is finalized and more devices support it, then I’ll look at upgrading again, but that will be some time off I’m sure.
Features I really Like!
One feature that has been unexpectedly beneficial is the ability to have 3 dedicated bands with separate SSID’s so I can isolate what devices are on what bands, making sure not to clutter the faster bands. Also, some of my devices, like my Philips Hue Sync Box and Tapo WiFi lights, only support the 2.4 band, so I didn’t have the issues I had in the past getting them connected. I plan to do a wired backhaul using the 2.5 gig LAN port, so I will only have client traffic on the 6 GHz band, not the backhaul.
Additionally, I also really like the app and web interface configuration options. You have a lot of options to really be able to implement some granular controls on how the networks are set up and some nice added security capabilities not often found in consumer-grade equipment.
Wireless Mesh Network Speed Improvements.
So far, the wireless mesh speeds are what I expect them to be, with downloads ranging 650-750 on 6G and 450-550 on 5G. I can get almost my full gig rate at the main unit, and once I get the 2.5 gig wired backhaul in, I should get pretty close to the same on the satellite. Because as you see in the comparison from my speed test before I removed my Nest Pro WiFi Pods, it’s a HUGE improvement.
Although the Nest Pods shouldn’t have been anywhere near that bad considering they are 6E capable, and the upstairs Pod is only about 20 feet from the main pod and only separated by one wall in a bedroom.
In conclusion, there’s a wireless mesh system for everyone, whether you’re seeking broad coverage, high-speed connectivity, or budget-friendly options. With any of these top 5 options, you can enjoy seamless, robust Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home. So, go ahead and make your choice. Your ideal whole home wireless mesh network awaits!
If you have any questions or thoughts, please share them with us. The video below goes over my whole process of swapping systems. If you find the information helpful, don’t forget to give a thumbs-up and subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more updates.
That’s a wrap for today! Stay tuned for more tech reviews and tips to elevate your Smart Home.
Lastly, leave me any comments or questions below, or head over to my Contact page and send me an email! You can also view my YouTube video below, where I talk about the issues I had and why I chose the Asus ZenWiFi to solve my wireless mesh issues.